The Cave de Bissey was founded in 1928. It is one of the first wine cellars in Burgundy and the oldest in the Côte Chalonnaise. Located in the heart of the Côte Chalonnaise between the Côte de Beaune and Mâconnais, the Cave de Bissey is a winegrowers’ cooperative with over forty wine producers.
Situated between the Côte de Beaune in the north and the monts du Mâconnais in the south, the Côte Chalonnaise vineyard spreads over a stretch of 25 km between the Grosne and Dheune valleys. It covers 3,400 hectares of vineyards with five crus: Montagny, Mercurey, Givry, Rully and Bouzeron with the Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée (AOC) label.